Sunday, September 16, 2007

So, today I spent with my father and grandmother. We went to breakfast and then to see a movie, The Last Legion. I can see why the movie never really made the top list or whatever, but it was entertaining and was creative enough for mind to believe in it slightly. However, I spent most of the time comparing it to the Aneid, but I guess that is what happens when your first college class impresses the importance of the "classics" on you and your fellow students.

I have over 30 mosquito bites and I am so itchy. Not as itchy as last year, granted, but itchy none-the-less. I can smell fall in the air and it pleases me. I love fall, it is my favorite season. Everything smells lovely. It is cool and crisp. And it sets my imagination into overdrive. I haven't decided on my Halloween costume yet, though I doubt I will have any place to go to wear said costume. Hmmmm. It really is too bad. I wish I had more friends here that way we could get dressed up and have a crazy party or something. Oh well, I can't wait for fall to really set in.

I continue to look at grad schools and my list continues to grow, not narrow, which is bad thing, I think. So far I have (in no order):
Tufts (history and museum studies)
Duke (history)
UCLA (film studies)
Berkley (folklore)
UT Austin (history, folklore, film)
UNM (history)

Also:
Stirling in Scotland (environmental history)

However theses choices do no bring me any closer to choosing a path for my life. I still have no freaking clue what I want to do with my life. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada. I wish sometimes I had grown up knowing what I wanted to do with my life...because then it would be simpler, not knowing has allowed much more freedom.

I think I need to go on a vision quest. I told my mom the other day that I wanted to be apprenticed out to a Shaman or medicine woman and live on the reservation. I feel this deep connection with Native American peoples, esp. the Lakota.

Well off to sleep and then to work. I gotta work hard for the money.

No comments: