Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Portlandia

Being in Portland is strange, for sure. I don't know if it is because everyone has changed or nothing has changed. Walking around today I still kind of feel like I go here for some reason. Seeing everyone has been nice but very crazy. I feel like a chicken with out a head running blindly everywhere trying to make time for everyone. It's good though, I have missed people (very much). Maybe when I go back to El Paso I will be so tired from going everywhere that I won't feel as lonely anymore. I know I have to start to say good-bye. I don't think I am ready...but maybe by Renn Fayre I will be. One more trip.

In other news the fall is amazing. I love it. I missed it so very much. I love the different color leaves and the cool air and the mist. It is just so lovely and romantic, I feel like I belong in Washington Irving story today. Halloween. Spooky coolness in the air. I love it.

Also...I think I have to start admitting to myself that I really do want to go to grad school.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Josieeeeeeee. Looks like everyone is migrating to blogspot instead of LJ. Everyone whose blog I would actually read anyway, which basically means you and Jason...

I'm going to start one myself at some point so I can work on my non-academic writing, but I have to think of a perfect title first (I'm neurotic that way, you know how it is). But until I get around to that at least I can use this to stalk you. Woo!

And looking back over your older entries, you should totally call me (or email, because I suck suck suck at phone conversations) whenever you're feeling lonely/blue. I'm having a tough time with the fact that basically everyone I really cared about has left Portland already, too.

Also, call me sometime tomorrow, so we can at least say a quick goodbye before you head back home!